Rocker Lockers For Harley-Davidson Twin Cam Motors
Get Rid of the Ticking!
Fits All Twin Cams
(Rocker Lockers for 1984-2000 Big Twin Evo Also Available)
Proudly Made in The USA
by Harley Riders
DK Custom Proudcts
FEATURES & SPECS:
- Includes - 4 Brass Precision Tapered Bushings
- Includes - 2 O-Rings
- Includes - Washer & Nut for installation
- Includes - Teflon Centering Tool
- Locks the Rocker Arm Shafts
- Centers the Rocker Arm Support Plates
- Eliminates ticking from Rocker Arm Shaft hitting Plate Bolts
- Includes Step-by-Step Installation Instructions*
Videos below shows where the annoying ticking is coming from. (poor HD design)
This first video has a good before & after sound clip, starting at the 1:57 mark
- The rocker arm shafts have a notch in them that the bolt is supposed to butt up against, locking the rocker arm shafts in place. However, the bolt hole is too large, leaving a gap. This gap allows the shaft to rotate and hit the bolt causing a tick.
- See the picture below of where the bolts have witness marks from the rocker shaft rotating and tapping the bolts. This is what makes the annoying ticking/tapping noise.
- The Rocker Lockers eliminate the gap, locking the shaft from turning and striking the bolt, eliminating that annoying tick so many Twin Cam owners experience.
- The Rocker Lockers also center the rocker plate so that it is always located in the same positon eliminating different wear patterns on the rocker arm/valve and a better alignment of the pushrod in the holes.
- The Rocker Lockers are tapered so that they lock themselves in and wedge the bolt/shaft in place.
~See the Pictures Above ~
Drawing shows how the Teflon Centering Tool Makes installation Easy!
Have you tried changing cams, replacing lifters, adjusting pushrods, different oils and still have that annoying ticking? Try the Rocker Lockers, they will eliminate the ticking from the rocker arm shaft. (this is the most annoying of the valve train noise, and is particularly noticeable between 2000-3000 RPM)
Rocker Lockers will not quiet noisy lifters, noisy chains, gears, tensioners or bearings. Rocker lockers keep the shaft from rotating and hitting the Rocker Support Plate bolts.
If you ever need to remove the lockers, just use a punch and tap them out, they are usually reusable.
All Twin Cam Engines, including Twin Cams w/ SE Forged Rocker Support Plates