Sportster Rocker Lockers Reduce Top End Ticking Noise
Get Rid of the Ticking!
Fits Sportster Models 2007-Up
(Rocker Lockers for 1986-2006 Sportys also available)
Proudly Made in The USA
by Harley Riders
DK Custom Proudcts
FEATURES & SPECS:
- Includes - 4 Brass Precision Tapered Bushings
- Includes - Washer & Nut for Installation
- Includes - Teflon Centering Tool
- Locks the Rocker Arm Shafts in place
- Centers the Inner Rocker Cover
- Eliminates ticking from Rocker Arm Shaft hitting Rocker Bolts
- Includes Step-by-Step Installation Instructions*
Videos below shows where the annoying ticking is coming from. (poor HD design)
This first video has a good before & after sound clip, starting at the 1:57 mark
- The rocker arm shafts have a notch in them that the bolt is supposed to butt up against, locking the rocker arm shafts in place. However, the bolt hole is too large, leaving a gap. This gap allows the shaft to rotate and hit the bolt, causing a tick.
- See the picture below of where the bolts have witness marks from the rocker shaft rotating and tapping the bolts. This is what makes the annoying ticking/tapping noise.
- The Rocker Lockers eliminate the gap, locking the shaft from turning and striking the bolt, eliminating that annoying tick.
- The Rocker Lockers also center the inner rocker cover so that it is always located in the same position eliminating different wear patterns on the rocker arm/valve and a better alignment of the pushrod in the holes.
- The Rocker Lockers are tapered so that they lock themselves in and wedge the bolt/shaft in place.
- It is recommended to replace the rocker base gaskets. This is the gasket that goes between the Rocker Cover Inner & the head on each cylinder. You can get these at your HD Dealership, or use the option below to add them to this order. These are Cometic gaskets and sold in a set of two, one for each cylinder.
~See the Pictures Above ~
Drawing shows how the Teflon Centering Tool Makes installation Easy!
Have you tried changing cams, replacing lifters, adjusting pushrods, different oils and still have that annoying ticking? Try the Rocker Lockers, they will eliminate the ticking from the rocker arm shafts.
Rocker Lockers will not quiet noisy lifters, noisy chains, gears, tensioners or bearings. Rocker lockers keep the shaft from rotating and hitting the inner rocker bolts.
If you ever need to remove the lockers, just use a punch and tap them out, they are usually reusable.
Fits 2007 & up Sportsters