Rocker Lockers For Harley-Davidson Big Twin Evo 1984 - 2000
Get Rid of the Ticking!
Fits Big Twin Evo (1984-2000)
Proudly Made in The USA
by Harley Riders
DK Custom Proudcts
FEATURES & SPECS:
- Includes - 4 Brass Precision Tapered Bushings
- Includes - Bolt, Washer & Nut for installation
- Includes - Teflon Centering Tool
- Locks the Rocker Arm Shafts
- Centers the Rocker Arm Support Plates
- Eliminates ticking from Rocker Arm Shaft hitting Plate Bolts
- Includes Step-by-Step Installation Instructions*
Videos below shows where the annoying ticking is coming from. (poor HD design)
This first video has a good before & after sound clip, starting at the 1:57 mark
- The rocker arm shafts have a notch in them that the bolt is supposed to butt up against, locking the rocker arm shafts in place. However, the bolt hole is too large, leaving a gap. This gap allows the shaft to rotate and hit the bolt causing a tick.
- See the picture below of where the bolts have witness marks from the rocker shaft rotating and tapping the bolts. This is what makes the annoying ticking/tapping noise.
- The Rocker Lockers eliminate the gap, locking the shaft from turning and striking the bolt, eliminating that annoying ticking.
- The Rocker Lockers also center the rocker plate so that it is always located in the same position eliminating different wear patterns on the rocker arm/valve and a better alignment of the pushrod in the holes.
- The Rocker Lockers are tapered so that they lock themselves in and wedge the bolt/shaft in place.
- It is recommended to replace the rocker base gaskets. These are the gaskets that goes between the Rocker Cover Inner & the head on each cylinder. You can get these at your HD Dealership, or use the option below to add them to this order. These are Cometic gaskets and sold in a set of two, one for each cylinder.
~See the Pictures Above ~
Drawing shows how the Teflon Centering Tool Makes installation Easy!
Have you tried changing cams, replacing lifters, adjusting pushrods, different oils and still have that annoying ticking? Try the Rocker Lockers, they will eliminate the ticking from the rocker arm shaft.
Rocker Lockers will not quiet noisy lifters, noisy chains, gears, tensioners or bearings. Rocker lockers keep the shaft from rotating and hitting the Rocker Support Plate bolts.
If you ever need to remove the lockers, just use a punch and tap them out, they are usually reusable.
All Big Twin Evo Motors 1984-2000